You are now the owner of a new Therm-App® world class thermal imaging device which includes hardware and software components, henceforth referred to as (the “Product”).
Please note that in order to use the Product, you need to attach it to a Compatible Mobile Device.
A list of Compatible Mobile Devices is located at: https://therm-app.com. It is your responsibility to confirm, prior to purchase and thereafter, that your mobile device complies with our Compatible Mobile Device requirements.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY; IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVERAGE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS AND OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS, CONDITIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS.
- WHO IS ENTITLED TO WARRANTY. Any Product purchased from Opgal Optronic Industries Ltd. and its affiliates (“Opgal”) or from an authorized reseller of Opgal, is eligible for the limited warranty coverage, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this document. Only you, the original purchaser of the Product, who purchased the Product from Opgal or its authorized reseller, are entitled to receive the warranty specified in this document. Please note that this warranty is not an international warranty. The warranty will only be honored in the country in which the authorized reseller or the Opgal entity from whom you purchased the Product, are located.
- LIMITED WARRANTY. In accordance with the terms and conditions of and except as excluded or disclaimed in this document, Opgal warrants that from the date specified on your invoice (the “Purchase Date”) through the end of the applicable Warranty Period (as defined below), the Product will conform to Opgal’s published specifications at the Purchase Date and will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AT OPGAL’S SOLE DISCRETION, IS THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT IN A MANNER, AND BY A SERVICE CENTER OR AUTHORIZED RESELLER, AS AUTHORIZED BY OPGAL. IF THIS REMEDY IS ADJUDICATED TO BE INSUFFICIENT, OPGAL SHALL REFUND YOUR PAID PURCHASE PRICE AND HAVE NO OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY TO YOU WHATSOEVER.
- WARRANTY PERIOD. The Product applicable Warranty Period is one (1) year from the Purchase Date (“Warranty Period”). Any Product that is repaired or replaced under warranty, is covered for ninety (90) days from the date of return shipment by Opgal or for the remaining duration of the applicable Warranty Period, whichever is longer.
If the Product is purchased in an EU country, to the extent you are a Consumer, you have an additional year (according to the EU-Directive 1999/44) to claim for deficiencies or malfunctioning of the Product, which were present at the time of purchase, but were not apparent then, as determined by Opgal. In order to make this extended warranty effective, you must contact the authorized reseller from whom you purchased the Product or Opgal local service center and notify them about the production fault immediately, and no later than 60 days after detecting the fault.
- WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS. OPGAL MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOTIFIED US OF YOUR INTENDED USE FOR THE PRODUCT), AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ROUTINE PRODUCT MAINTENANCE, SOFTWARE UPDATES AND CALIBRATION ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY.
OPGAL FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY COVERAGE WHERE THE ALLEGED NONCONFORMITY IS DUE TO NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, ALTERATION, MODIFICATION, REPAIR, ATTEMPTED REPAIR, OPENNING OR ATTEMPTING TO OPEN, IMPROPER USE, IMPROPER MAINTENANCE, NEGLECT, ABUSE, IMPROPER STORAGE, FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS, DAMAGE (WHETHER CAUSED BY ACCIDENT OR OTHERWISE), OR ANY OTHER IMPROPER CARE OR HANDLING OF THE PRODUCT CAUSED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN OPGAL OR ON ITS BEHALF.
THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS THE ENTIRE WARRANTY AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND OPGAL AND SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR WARRANTY NEGOTIATIONS, AGREEMENTS, PROMISES AND UNDERSTANDINGS BETWEEN YOU AND OPGAL. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE MODIFIED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF OPGAL.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT HAVE THE EFFECT OF EXCLUDING OR LIMITING YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS OR CONSUMER GUARANTEES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE STATUTE.
- WARRANTY CLAIMS. To be eligible for warranty repair or replacement, you must notify Opgal within thirty (30) days of discovering of any apparent defect in materials or workmanship. Before you may return a Product for warranty service or repair, you must first obtain a returned material authorization (RMA) number from Opgal. To obtain the RMA number, you must provide original proof of purchase. For additional information, visit https://therm-app.com.
You are solely responsible for complying with all RMA instructions provided by Opgal including, but not limited, to adequately packaging the Product for shipment to Opgal. Opgal will pay for returning to you, any Product that Opgal repairs or replaces under warranty.
Opgal reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a returned Product is covered under warranty. If Opgal determines that any returned Product is not covered under warranty or is otherwise excluded from warranty coverage, Opgal may charge you a reasonable handling fee and return the Product to you, at your expense.
- LICENSE GRANT. You have purchased a Product that includes Therm-App® branded software modules owned or licensed by Opgal.
In order to use the Product with your mobile, you are also required to download Therm-App® branded mobile Apps from the Google Play Store.
With respect to Therm-App mobile Apps owned or licensed by Opgal, Opgal grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Therm-App branded software modules and the Therm-App branded mobile Apps (subject to the payment and usage terms applicable to each Therm-App branded App), as well as associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation (“Software”), only with the Product. Permitted use is your own use and not for resale. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE LICENSE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE PRODUCT, COPY OR DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE. ANY USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USE WITH THE PRODUCT, WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE LICENSE TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT.
- You may also use the Product with third party Therm-App branded software. Please note that your use of such third party software shall be governed by the third party’s license terms. OPGAL MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Mobile Device Compatibility Requirements. Currently the Product may only be used with a Compatible Mobile Device running Android operating system version 4.1 and above supporting USB Host mode (USB-OTG “USB On The Go”). A list of Compatible Mobile Devices is located at: https://therm-app.com. It is your responsibility to confirm prior to purchase and thereafter, that your mobile device complies with our Compatible Mobile Device requirements, as amended from time to time.
- NO WARRANTIES FOR THE SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT (INCLUDING LACK OF NEGLIGENCE) IS WITH YOU. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SOFTWARE OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT.
- LICENSE LIMITATIONS. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- SOFTWARE UPDATES. Opgal may issue software updates from time to time and you can update the software using this update service. Depending on your software, this update service is located at https://therm-app.com or at Google Play Store.
- SOFTWARE TRANSFER ALLOWED BUT WITH RESTRICTIONS. You may permanently transfer rights in the Software only as part of a permanent sale or transfer of the Product, and only if the recipient agrees to the terms of this License. If the Software is an upgrade, any transfer must also include all prior versions of the Software.
- OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT. The Software is owned, copyrighted or licensed to, Opgal or its third party suppliers. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Software and should not be construed as a sale of any rights in the Software. Opgal’s third party suppliers may protect their rights in the event of any violation of these terms. No parts of the Software including source may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed or translated into any language or computer language in any form or by any means, electronic, magnetic, optical, manual or otherwise without the prior written permission of Opgal.
Names and marks appearing on the Product are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Opgal and/or its affiliates.
- LICENSE TERM AND TERMINATION. Unless otherwise specified, any license granted is perpetual, provided however that if you fail to comply with the terms of the license, Opgal may terminate the license upon written notice. Immediately upon termination, you will cease any use of the Software.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. OPGAL’S LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS DOCUMENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAYABLE BY YOU TO OPGAL OR ITS AUTHORIZED RESELLER FOR THE PRODUCT. NEITHER YOU NOR OPGAL WILL BE LIABLE FOR LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, DOWNTIME COSTS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL COSTS OR DAMAGES. THIS PROVISION DOES NOT LIMIT EITHER PARTY’S LIABILITY FOR: UNAUTHORIZED USE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, DEATH OR BODILY INJURY CAUSED BY THEIR NEGLIGENCE; ACTS OF FRAUD; WILLFUL MISCONDUCT; NOR ANY LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- EXPORT REGULATIONS. The Product may be subject to export laws and regulations in your country. Before you export, re-export or transfer the Product, you must verify if any export approval or license is required. Obtaining such approval or license is your exclusive responsibility and Opgal makes no representation or warranty regarding the issuance of export license for the Product.
- GENERAL. This document represents our entire understanding with respect to its subject matter and supersedes any previous communication or agreements that may exist. Modifications to this document will be made only through a written amendment signed by both parties. The Agreement will be governed by the exclusive laws of the State of Israel, excluding rules as to choice and conflict of law. The courts of Israel will have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims arising out of or relating to this document, and you hereby consent and submit to such exclusive jurisdiction. It is agreed that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. Judgments of the foregoing courts will be enforceable in any country.
PRODUCT USAGE NOTICES
Attachment to your Mobile Device
To avoid damage to your Product and mobile device, attachment of the Product to your mobile device should be done with care, securing the screw with your fingers only. Do not use any external tools, as too much pressure may mark or damage your mobile device.
The Product makes use of specific calibration data, which was prepared for it in the factory. It is possible that during prolonged field usage of the Product, a deterioration of the image may occur. In this case, we recommend that you send in the device for recalibration at the factory. Please contact our support team at https://therm-app.com for further instructions.
For most accurate temperature measurement results, we recommend that you wait 5 minutes after you have started the Product before measuring a temperature.
Disposal of Electronic Waste
As with most electronic products, this equipment must be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way, and in accordance with existing regulations for electronic waste. Please contact our support team at https://therm-app.com for more details.
Our manuals are updated from time to time, and we also issue product-critical notifications occasionally. To access the latest manuals and notifications, go to https://therm-app.com.
- PRODUCT SAFETY INFORMATION
WARNING Applicability: Class B Digital Product
This Product has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital Product, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules of the USA.
Do not drop the Product or apply pressure on the IR lens, as it may break. If the IR lens breaks, do not touch the broken pieces, as the broken pieces may cause injury.
Be careful when you touch the Product. Some parts of the Product can be sharp and may cause injury.
Do not point the infrared detector (with or without the lens and lens cover) at intensive energy sources, for example, products that emit laser radiation, or the sun. This can have unwanted effect on the performance of the Product. It can also cause damage to the detector.
Do not use the Product in an environment with temperatures higher than +50 degrees Celsius (+122 degrees Fahrenheit), unless specified otherwise in the user documentation or technical data. High temperatures can cause damage to the detector.
The Product is not sealed. Avoid exposure of the product to water, rain or dust.
Do not apply solvents or similar liquids to the detector or lens, as this can cause damage.
Be careful when you clean the infrared lens, as it has a delicate anti-reflective coating. Do not clean the lens too vigorously as this can damage the anti-reflective coating.
The Product allows for field replacement of the lens. Changing the lens should be done with great caution as after the removal of the lens the IR detector is exposed until the new lens is installed. While the IR detector is exposed, avoid any contact with it. Touching, cleaning or blowing on the detector could cause permanent damage. Replacement of lens should be done in a dry area, using clean hands, using maximum care.
Do not use pressurized air from pneumatic air circuits in a workshop to remove dust from the Product. Pressurized air contains oil mist intended to lubricate pneumatic tools and the high pressure can damage the detector and lens.
The device is designed to use 5V DC power supply only, fed through its microUSB connector. Using any other type of power source is dangerous and may lead to damage.
The Product is provided with an appropriate USB-OTG cable. Use only the supplied USB-OTG cable. Using any other cables might not work at all, may fail, and even lead to damage to the equipment.